Now that I am almost halfway through my « Hot Yoga Teacher Training », it seems important to me to share a few of my month’s favourite recipes to stay healthy, energized and light in the morning. This one simply is perfect for those active mornings when I am running short of time and that my motivation still needs to be awakened. Today’s recipe is bursting with flavours, bringing smiles and happiness along its healthy way. The raspberries’ bitterness contrasts perfectly with the sweet taste of cinnamon, and the nice mix of texture between the almonds and the chia seeds make this breakfast a total winner, filling and gorgeous at the same time.
And the benefits? On the one side we have our fabulous raspberries, which bring a good quantity of Vitamin C as well as a whole lot of minerals, helping to keep an overall healthy organism and immune system (the fact that they are poor in calories enable them to be your best « summer beach body building » ally!). On the other hand, chia seeds, which have so many benefits that it would be hard to list them all in here; but I’ll give you the three most essentials ones. Rich in fibre, they stimulate digestion, our guts’ health as well as satiety; with their rich calcium content, they support our bones’ good health and their longevity, and all its other minerals and antioxidants slow the cells’ destruction process down. Last but not least, its polyunsaturated fats, like the omega – 3 and – 6 , help protecting the brain against cell membrane’s destruction and the nervous system’s destruction.
What’s more, it’s a delicious, light and sweet breakfast, perfect for summer as well as a pre- or post-workout breakfast. Enjoy this “on-the-go” breakfast to kick your day off serenely and happily!
Almond, Raspberry & Chia Pudding
Portions: For one serving.
Preparation time: 10 minutes.
Refrigerating time: Overnight.
- 75 – 100g of raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 3 tbsp of chia seeds
- 2 tbsp of almond meal
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 250ml of plant-based milk (almond, oat, spelt, etc.)
For the toppings:
- Half a banana
- Half a kiwi
- 1 tbsp of almond butter
- Gogi berries
(1) Smash the raspberries with a fork, in a big mixing bowl. If they are frozen, defreeze them for about half an hour before smashing.
(2) Add the chia seeds, the almond meal, cinnamon and mix well again.
(3) Pour the milk in, before incorporating it perfectly. Leave that chia-mix at least thirty minutes in your fridge or overnight if possible.
(4) Once the mixture has gotten a beautifully thick texture, transfer it into a jar (for an « on-the-go » breakfast) or into a large bowl, topping it with lots of deliciousness, such as almond butter, a banana, kiwi slices, gogi berries and so one. Bon Appétit!