It’s been a month since the blog celebrated its first ever birthday. It’s been two months since I felt like experiencing a deep change. All my day-to-day events, whether these are enriching or disturbing, feel like being in total harmony, lining up in my life like tiny soldiers. Even the darkest ones do have their place in that happiness equation. Did I need to pass some kind of “one year” milestone? Am I accepting my life, its ups and downs, and all its surprises, much more than before? I don’t know. What I know for sure though is that life is beautiful, and that I’ll announce all those amazing things to you as soon as possible.
For now, I allow myself to breathe and appreciate the present moment, and all the beautiful things it’s got to offer. The sun is showing up slightly, lighting and warming up my face, dazzling me for a while; the distant sound of people talking in the street nearby, life that blooms again, after months of cold silence. A fleeting but precious moment…at least as much as today’s recipe!
Those tiny “pot-de-crème” are full of health and happiness, without unhealthy fats, which are usually bad for the body and digestion. Let me explain. First of all, the avocado, with its tender, green and scrumptious flesh, is full of folic acids, which boost the histamine’s production; the latter is said to heighten the orgasm experience…well, this fruit’s “sexual side” is not that young, dating back to the Aztec (the inventors of hot chocolate…life savers!), who called it the “Ahuacatl”, which translates into the “Testicle Tree”…Charming!
In second comes our famous cacao powder, forty times more antioxidant than blueberries and a great source of iron (even better if you combine it with vitamin C!) and magnesium (great for the hearth and brain’s health. It also enables your organism to secrete dopamine, known as the happiness hormone. Ginger and chilli act as very strong stimulants, but do have many other health benefits; they are not called “superfood” for nothing…but let’s keep it to that for today!
For other delicious pairings, you could add cacao nibs or fresh/frozen raspberries on top. Nothing beats a dessert’s decadent pleasure…nothing!
Dark Chocolate Creams
Portions: 3 – 4 servings (or 2 hungry ones)
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 ripe avocado, flesh only
- 1 ripe banana, flesh only
- 2 ½ tbsp of almond butter
- 4 tbsp of unsweetened cacao powder
- 2 – 3 tbsp of maple syrup
- 1/3 tsp of chilli powder (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp of ginger, grated (to taste)
- A pinch of salt
(1) Mix all the ingredients, except the spices and salt, into a food processor. Blend until obtaining a nice, creamy and thick consistency.
(2) Parachute the chilli, ginger and salt in, blending one more time, to incorporate.
(3) Spoon out into tiny bowls, sprinkle some gogi berries, pomegranate, edible flowers, etc. (or basically anything that could invigorate that inner flame.
(4) Enjoy darling!